5 of my favorite wines for under $20

1. Gloria Ferrer Brut - $16
*Bonus: This is also rated 90 points by wine spectator.

I'm a sucker for sparkling wine/champagne/prosecco. It might be an addiction. This is one of the best bangs for your buck. It's a complex, full bodied sparkling wine with that hint of yeast {you might be thinking 'gross' but no, this is good when it comes to sparkling}




















2. Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc - $12

This is absolutely my go to summer wine. It is crisp and has strong notes of grapefruit and citrus bite. It is so ah-mazing ice cold after a day of lounging on the beach.

*Pair with summer lettuce wraps for an awesome light meal.




















3. BV Coastal Chardonnay - $8 {under $10, boom!}

Pat and I got this wine as a housewarming present, and it was actually one that we hadn't tried yet. I have to say, it's awesome, and we've bought a few bottles since.
This is a medium to full bodied white wine, with a creamy, oaky texture with a hint of fruit.
It's absolutely perfect when you just want a glass of something that isn't a full bodied red or a tart white. The price also can't be beat, so it's an easy staple to keep around the house.





















4. Kenwood Cabernet Sauvignon - $11

Thank you Dad for introducing me to this wine :) It is an awesome full bodied wine with hints of plum fruits, but an awesome smooth tannic finish. A great, budget friendly wine that is perfect for company and tastes way more expensive than it actually is.





















5. Dreaming Tree Crush Red Blend - $13

I have a thing for red blends. I'm not sure why, but blends are probably my favorite kind of red. Also, as soon as I figured out that this was the vineyard that Dave Matthews works with - I had to give it a go. This is an awesome example of a wine that is fruit-forward, with hints of jam fruits, but not sweet. I can't do sweet reds. This is seriously a great everyday table wine. I love it.









No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS