My heart will always be in Boston




                    

I've recently moved to D.C. from Boston where I went to college and lived for almost 8 years. It was time for Pat and I to relocate and start our adult lives where jobs were in our fields - I don't regret moving here at all. It just doesn't feel like home quite yet. So after hearing about the bombings at the Boston Marathon earlier today, i'm in utter shock and feel like my city was just attacked. I went to work today missing Boston and wishing more than anything that I was back in the bean. I tried to explain to my co-workers about how awesome Marathon Monday is and the merriment and festivities that go with it. Come to find out - someone has tried to tarnish an amazing day of celebration with something awful. After about a half hour of texting my friends to make sure they were all safe (they are) - I settled in to see how everyone else was faring. My heart is so heavy for all the families and friends who are affected by this event. 

In this trying time, I think it's so so important to remember the good in people. Especially in the police officers, EMT's and other first responders who were literally attacking the gates and fences to get to those hurt by the bombs, and by the runners and spectators rushing to the hospitals to give blood. While one person acted with hate today, so many more acted out of compassion and goodwill. As president Obama said in his speech earlier today "Boston is a tough and resilient town, and so are it's people" I couldn't agree more - I know that this will only make everyone there that I love stronger. So let's band together to take care of others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS