Buffalo Wing Lettuce Wraps

Yum. This is the perfect dinner to make when you want some super unhealthy wings slathered in dressing! It's also gluten free - so if you're trying to stay away from bread, it's a tasty, easy option.

Here's what you'll need:
^ 2 chicken breasts
^ Buffalo wing sauce
^ Lettuce {Romaine or Butter}
^ Ranch or Blue cheese dressing {I use ranch dressing because Pat hates blue cheese, so I forgo that on his and add it on mine :) }
^ Broccoli slaw {for crunch}
^ Blue cheese crumbles

















I cooked the chicken in my crockpot because I had time today, but you could just as easily use a pressure cooker. I put 1 cup water in with the frozen chicken breasts and some salt, pepper and buffalo wing sauce. I kept the seasoning simple because the wing sauce has enough flavor and would overpower everything anyways. I cooked the chicken on high for about 5 hours. When the chicken was shredded and I was ready to serve dinner, I drained the rest of the liquid using a strainer, put the chicken back in the crock pot and then added more wing sauce. When all was said and done, I used about half the bottle.

Next comes the assembly - lettuce leaves, a spoonful of buffalo chicken, the broccoli slaw {which gives it an awesome crunch and adds a few veggies to our diets} a little ranch dressing and then bleu cheese crumbles.





























Note: It's a messy affair to eat as a wrap - Pat made a big 'ol mess, so I opted to cut it up like a salad and it was equally as delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS